Types of applications

As company you have several options in order to have your plant protection product authorised.

Zonal authorisation

Application for authorisation of plant protection products given as zonal authorisation. It is granted on the basis of a zonal evaluation, which covers as far as possible use in all countries in the zone in which you have applied. 
Read more on zonal authorisation 

New products

This guide is used for application of new products, which has not been authorised in Denmark previously.
Read more on new product authorisation

Renewals - Article 43

This guide is used for renewal of products, which is authorised in Denmark.
Read more on renewal of products

Mutual recognition

When you have received product authorisation in a Member State, you have the opportunity to apply for mutual recognition in another country inside or outside the zone.
Read more on mutual recognition

Parallel trade permits

A parallel trade permit is an authorisation for the import of a plant protection product that is identical to a product already authorised in Denmark.
Read more on parallel trade permits

Copy products

A copy is an extra trade name for a plant protection product already authorised in Denmark.
Read more on extra trade names

Minor use authorisations (formerly off-label)

Authorisation of plant protection products for minor use is an authorisation of an already authorised product in a minor crop, or a pest which is not widespread, that is not already covered by the authorisation of the product. Minor uses were previously called ‘off-label’.
Read more on minor use authorisations


A non-authorised product may be authorised for up to 120 days, if a danger exists which threatens a crop and which cannot be contained by any other reasonable means.
Read more on derogations

Provisional authorisations

There is one instance in which the application process may be started before an active substance has been included on EU’s positive list. This relates to the 2 ½-year time limit for the EU evaluation of a new active substance. If this period is exceeded, you may apply in a Member State for a provisional authorisation of your product.
Read more on provisional authorisations

Authorisation to carry out experimental testing

Products with new compositions and/or active substances that are in the development stage may be tested experimentally with a permit from the Danish Environmental Protection Agency. 
Read more

Applications for authorisation for the sale of toxic or very toxic products

Distributors of toxic and very toxic products must seek permission from the Danish Environmental Protection Agency.
Read more