Examples of articles and article parts: microfiber cushions, parasols, shower curtains, lamp shades, gazebos, dishcloths, paint rollers.
Textiles can be treated with chemicals in many different ways. They can be dyed, impregnated, coated, and they may include residues of pesticides from the cultivation of cotton. Some of the substances can be found on the Candidate List, including:
- DEHP (CAS No. 117-81-7)
- DecaBDE (CAS No. 1163-19-5)
- Tris(2-chloroethyl) phosphate (TCEP) (CAS No. 115-96-8)
- Potassium chromate and potassium dichromate (CAS No. 7775-11-3, 10588-01-9, 7789-12-0)
- Cobalt dichloride (CAS No. 7646-79-9)
- Direct Black 38 (CAS No. 1937-37-7)
- TBTO (CAS No. 56-35-9)
- Nonylphenol and derivatives
Continue your search in databases
Remember that articles may contain more Candidate List substances than those mentioned above.
Search in chemical databases