Advice about chemicals and pregnancy
If you are pregnant, or planning to become pregnant, you should pay extra attention to chemicals, because the small child you are carrying is very sensitive to external influences.
According to chemicals legislation, products must not contain chemicals in quantities that pose a health risk. However, every day, we are exposed to many chemicals from many different products and it is a good idea to minimise this exposure as much as possible.
- Look for products with the Nordic Swan and the EU Flower eco-labels, preferably without perfume.
- Remove dust once a week and air out at least twice a day.
- Minimise your exposure to chemicals; for example, you should avoid paints, spray cans and hair dyes.
- Vary the ingredients you cook with and eat many different kinds of foods every day.
- Only take medicines and food supplements in consultation with your physician. This also applies for non-prescription medication and herbal medicines.
See campaign materials
Exposure of pregnant consumers to suspected endocrine disruptors
More information i danish